PHOTOS: Interesting Facts About Col. Gaddafi And His virgin Female Bodyguards Known As "The Amazonian Guard"
Muammar Gaddafi, popularly known as Colonel Gaddafi, had an obsessive interest with female bodyguards. The Libyan ruler was escorted by his bodyguards on his every move.
On account of one of his female bodyguards, it was revealed to the world that Col. Gaddafi’s idea of keeping only female bodyguards propagated from the belief to show the world that the female in his country were no less than male members.
Here we give you some quick facts about Col. Gaddafi’s virgin female army: –
- Col. Gaddafi was always surrounded by three permanent bodyguards. On every trip, they used accompany him. But for a foreign trip, Gaddafi used to take four additional bodyguards who were selected by Gaddafi himself.
- They all had to be virgins and were sworn to chastity before becoming official bodyguards. Also, they were made to take an oath that they would give away their lives for Gaddafi’s safety.
- His official bodyguards were said to never leave Gaddafi’s side irrespective of what time of the day it was.
- A special training was provided to interested volunteers and those who could resist the tough training were then trained in firearms and martial arts. The final selection was made by Gaddafi himself.
- Gaddafi was a strong believer of woman empowerment. He once said “Women should be trained for combat, so that they do not become easy prey for their enemies.”
- Although the rumours had it that Gaddafi asked for sexual favours from the bodyguards.